We were delighted to be one of the main sponsors at last week’s AUE 2018 annual conference which was held at Southampton Solent University.
This year’s conference was based around the theme ‘managing a compliant estate’ and provided an opportunity to hear from, amongst others:
- Richard Hines, Health and Safety Executive HM Principal Specialist Inspector, who spoke about electrical compliance, enforcement and investigation.
- Karl Wallasch, Technical Director of Hoare Lee, who spoke about Fire Engineering in University Buildings.
- Stuart Kemp, Director of KCG, who discussed the role that internal audit has to play in maintaining a compliant estate.
- Peter Handforth, Director of Peter Handforth Associated Ltd, who held a practical session covering good practice for those responsible for the management of electrical safety.
- Stuart Nixon, Director of Trident Water Solutions, who spoke about compliance with HSE ACoP L8.
- Gas Safety Legislation within University estates.
The conference provided a unique and valuable opportunity for the AUE members to come together as like-minded individuals to discuss current topics, as well as networking with other fellow colleagues, conference guests and key industry suppliers.
We enjoyed meeting many delegates on our stand where we showcased the latest ZetaSafe technology and showed how by implementing it universities can successfully manage ALL areas of compliance with one system and demonstrate legislative compliance.
ZetaSafe can be customised to suit specific needs and is typically used to manage Water Hygiene, Legionella, Fire Safety & Emergency Lighting compliance.
Over 37 Universities, including Southampton Solent University are already benefitting from ZetaSafe. Click here to read Bath University and Brunel University case studies.
We are already very much looking forward to next year’s conference which will be held at Lancaster University on the 4th – 6th September 2019!
About the AUE
The Association of University Engineers (known as the AUE) was formed in 1970 by a small group of University Engineers who wanted to create a ‘networked union of like minded people’. The Association has representation from well over 100 universities throughout the UK and Eire.
￼￼Download Explainer PDF